Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Welcome Home from China 'Den Lille Havfrue'

The best post I have found on the return of The Little Mermaid from her 8 months at the World Expo in Shanghai China is here:


http://madsandkelli.blogspot.com/2010/11/returning-home.html

I am going to admit I was wrong about her not going to China (28 March 2010 post). I have read wonderful stories this year of people who love Hans Christian Anderson fairytales in China and traveled long miles just to be able to see The Lille Havfrue "for real" in her fake habour (with the water direct from Copenhagen harbour for her pond). I now admit that sending a replica would not have been the same to the people who were able to come to the Expo, especially the ones from China. The "Welfairytales" theme of the Kingdom of Denmark at the World's Fair in Shanghai was also a smashing success. I read that the estimated visitors was almost double what was expected. Kudos to all the visionary thinkers who planned, coordinated and implemented this exhibit in Shanghai. Makes me proud to be Dansk-American.

1 comment:

Kelli Nørgaard said...

Thanks for the compliment!

And I admit--I felt like you about her leaving, but after seeing so many wonderful stories, I think it is awesome that DK could share her with so many people who, otherwise, would never get to see her!