Sunday, October 31, 2010

Copenhagen to do list




When Cousin Alice came to visit us in California from Denmark in 2008, I was recovering from a badly injured leg and still on pain pills. I wanted so much to show her My City, San Francisco. How to do that when the best way to see it is to walk it? I finally compromised and started looking at tours. My little school had taken a Grey Line tour of SF when I was in grammar school and I still remembered it. It was actually the only time I have ever been to Mission Delores. I chose Mr. Toads Tours which picked us up at a corner near Fisherman's Wharf in one of their open air vintage touring cars. I saw and heard things with Alice that I never knew about my city even though it was an overview. Just touring around SF in that grand little car was also fun.






I know it is a ways off but I am already starting my Copenhagen to do list for 2011. I added the first thing to it today. 1 of Richard Karpen's Han Christian Anderson tours. Richard Karpen is an ex-New Yorker who met his sweetheart on a short trip to Copenhagen many years ago. Read his story and about his tours from a Rich Steve's article: http://www.richsteves/plan/destinations/scan/karpen.htm





I am deciding between 2 of his tours. They are 90 minute walking tours which cost about 20 american dollars. I can do this now if I take along the ibuprofren for when the tour ends. And as an Employment Services Supervisor it always makes me smile when someone finds their dream vocation.

Best looking Hans Christian I've ever seen!

1 comment:

Kelli Nørgaard said...

Never too early to plan because if you are like me, you will forget all those great ideas when the time comes!! So now you can go check your blog once you book your trip and then it will tell you what tours and things you wanted to book! :-) Smart!!!