Wednesday, March 17, 2010

King Tutankhamun in San Francisco






TUT  ANKH  AMUN, RULER OF HELIOPOLIS
THE LIVING IMAGE OF AMUN, RULER OF HELIOPOLIS

If you have the opportunity to view the traveling exhibit  in San Francisco or New York before it returns to Cairo, I say Carpe Diem, "seize the day". My friend Cherie and I just went last week. My Bachelor's degree was in Classics and by the time  I got to Egyptology I was " in love". I love "the Greeks" (and the Romans were super also) but I no longer accord either of them the status of  "cradle of western civilization".    Egypt/Africa is clearly the cradle of  civilization on Mommy Earth. The Greeks suddenly popped up with all these great ideas after the destruction of the Great Library at Alexandria in Egypt. As we say, there was "something fishy in Denmark." I am not knocking the great Aristotle.  He was a smart fellow. I am saying he did not think all that stuff up all by himself and then publish more stuff than one could easily do in a lifetime.  Most of it came from the Great Library at Alexandria in Egypt and he is really the mouthpiece of the Egyptian civilization.

 The Great Pyramid in Egypt has many factors of Pi (yes, 3.14........). Pi is not a recent discovery. It is a recent re-discovery.  Let's re-name the  Temple at Luxor "The Temple of Pi".  

If you can go to the exhibit, I encourage you to suspend all assumptions that say "ancient means "did not know as much as we do". I am very clear they know more than we do and we have lost it.











No comments: